Saturday, April 21, 2007

Socks



I'm on a roll lately with finishing socks! This is probably a good thing since I've discovered The Loopy Ewe and I've been buying new sock yarn like a fiend!
Both of these pairs are knit from Opal. I started both pairs last summer. The red striped pair are for DH - I started these when we went to St.Louis last summer to visit DD. For some reason, DH started calling these Superman socks. The other pair were started for me, but DD came home to Maine two weeks ago and really liked them so I gifted them to her. I was surprised she liked them because she's never been fond of hand knit things until recently. In fact, since she's been home she's learned to knit herself and has started a scarf!

2 comments:

Elysbeth said...

Very nice work....Wait, where's my pair? The Loopy Ewe is dangerous indeed.

Leah said...

They look great! Cool that the daughter is taking up knitting. I know that it's a wonderful thing for my own Mom and I to have in common...we both spin and knit and it's a lot of fun to have her as a fiber buddy :) Plus, her stash is huge and she's the most excellent teacher in the universe along with being the Best Mom Ever.