Monday, February 26, 2007

SPIRAL SHAWL FINISHED!



Here it is! I posted a picture of this as a UFO a few weeks ago, talking about how I was to the border and procrastinating because the idea of doing a side-ways knitted-on border wasn't exciting me. I mentioned the idea of doing a different border that was knit in a circle like the shawl, wondering if I could make that work. Well, I decided to go for it, and it worked splendidly! I'm very happy with the results. The shawl is done in 100% cashmere from Colourmart.com, 3/28 heavy laceweight. It measures 64" in diameter and weights five ounces. The points on the lace edging could also be blocked to make softer scallops instead of points, but I thought the points went well with the spiral center so that's how I blocked it. This is my design, which I'm planning to write up and publish/sell in some manner. Feedback appreciated!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, Melissa your shawl is gorgeous! I really like the points on the edging. It feels so good when you try something and it works! Lisa

Elysbeth said...

Wow! Yeah, uuh umn, oooh, words fail me. That is glorious.

Amelia of Ask The Bellwether said...

These shawls always amaze me! the patience ... the arm strength (to lug around all that knitting) ... the time! Wowzer. I love the contrast of the spiraling center and the lacy edges.

Leah said...

Oh wow...it's FABULOUS! It's simply beautiful and obviously knitted by a lace master :)