Thursday, February 1, 2007

My mug shot and pictures of UFO's for contest



Ok Leah, I guess I should get my act together and post the contest information on the correct blog!!!!! As for progress on my UFO's -- last night I got a couple rows done on my mystery shawl. it is the gray one and the yarn is 100% cashmere!!! Wish I had clue 3 done. but I was side lined yesterday with a child home from school and lots of cleaning that I've been neglecting for toooooo long. So I cleaned. I was also waiting for my new addi turbo circular needles to come from UPS. They finally showed up at 5:30 last night and let me tell you they are sooooooo nice. This is the first time that I have used them and am in love. I hope to get some more work done on the house and my shawl today. I'm so excited I get to go get my hair done tonight. That is something that I have not done in over 6 months I just may add a photo of myself with my new hairdo latter tonight. Ok long enough. I'm going to work on my shawl while the kids are occupied by dragan tails. But first I guess I should tell you what they all are. The blue blocks are 6 of the 12 blocks for my sons train blanket, made from 100% cashmere from colourmart.com- Hunter has a disorder called SID/SPD so he likes things supper soft. The green scarf is for my sister in law also made of 100% cashmere and is half done. The start of my first sock ever is the pink varigated and let me tell you the k2p2 is getting anoying. I will stay with it because I WANT to learn how to make socks. the cream one is the candle flame triangle shawl from Dean Crane and is in 100% baby alpaca-- This is for MYSELF. and finally the gray mystery shawl its a KAL and as I said before I'm working on clue 3 and clue 4 comes out tomarrow, so I better get busy.
Happy knitting

Pam in Iowa
http://knittingmomofaSIDchild.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Leah said...

Yay Pam! Wow...I'm so jealous of all that cashmere you're playing with right now ~ YUM! Are you planning to do your whole sock in k2p2? If you are and it's totally annoying you, change to stockinette for the foot (I think you do this when you begin working the heel...I mean, I've made lots of socks but this is not readily accessible in my brain at the moment...yikes!)

Pam said...

Leah, I have about 3 inches in k2p2 and I have skinny legs so I guess if I want the buggers to stay up, I have to endure the k2p2, but I think that 3 inches will be enough and will change to stockinette stitch for the remainder of the leg part. !!! don't know how that will look but oh well this is a learning experience for me!!